Department of Housing and Public Works | Government identification cards

Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Facilities management > Security services > Government identification cards

 Government identification cards

If you’re a government employee and need an identity (ID) card, you must contact your department’s nominated officer.

The nominated officer will help you complete the application form and then they will process the application using the State Government Security (SGS) online ID card system.

Once the completed form has been processed, there are different processes depending on if you are located in the:

  • Brisbane central business district:
    • The nominated officer will give you a barcode request form and details to attend the State Government Security office to have your photo taken and your ID card issued.
    • You need to bring your barcode request form and photo identification (for example, a current drivers licence).
    • General photo sessions are from 9am to 10am, Monday to Thursday.
  • Regions:
    • The nominated officer must verify your photo identification and submit it electronically.
    • You will then receive your ID card in the mail.

More information

For more information about government ID cards please contact us via email at

SGS clients can log in to SGS Client Access to manage employee ID cards.

Last updated 12 June 2012    

Share on LinkedIn

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2015

Queensland Government