Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Vehicles > Vehicles for government > Vehicle leasing > Insurance


QFleet's standard lease package includes comprehensive insurance underwritten by Vero Insurance.

Incident management

We offer insurance rewards as an incentive to minimise the number and severity of incidents that may cause injuries and/or vehicle damage.

QFleet applies ‘Customer Performance Pricing’ (CPP) benefit if you have a good safety record. This is calculated as a reduction in the insurance component of your lease rate. You can be penalised in the CPP review process if there has been poor performance.  

Claims procedure

Motor Vehicle Damage

All motor vehicle claims with damage estimated above the $750 policy excess should be reported as soon as possible to Vero insurance on 1300 888 073. Claims notifications must be no later than 60 days from the date of incident.

You can also lodge your insurance claim by email or use the Vero claim form (PDF, 958KB).

You will be required to pay the policy excess amount of $750 upon receipt of the insurer’s letter requesting payment, issued at the time of claim notification. This is a contractual obligation and there is no invoice issued.

The insurer may recover the cost of repairs and the policy excess if the other driver was at fault.

If the total damage caused by the incident is less than the policy excess $750, your organisation will generally be required to pay the repair account directly to the repairer.

For general claims status enquires please phone Vero Insurance on 1300 888 073.

Consult the Driver Companion booklet for more details on the insurance claims procedure.

Stolen Vehicles

If the QFleet vehicle is stolen, immediately notify the police and Vero Insurance on 1300 888 073.

You must also report an incident  to the police as soon as possible if:

  • a vehicle involved needs to be towed away
  • any driver involved in the incident does not give his or her particulars to any other drivers involved in the incident.
  • any person involved is killed or injured
  • If an incident involving the above circumstances cannot be reported to the police as soon as possible, it must be reported within 24 hours of the incident occurring.


Compulsory Third Party (CTP) coverage for Queensland Government vehicles forms part of the vehicle registration and our insurer is Suncorp. CTP Insurance pays compensation to people injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident, where negligence can be established, but it does not compensate the driver at fault. Check the National Injury Insurance Scheme Queensland (NIISQ) for injury to the government driver if they are deemed at fault.

If there are any known injuries to the other driver then the Agency driver should complete and return the attached NOA CTP form to protect the Government. The government driver must complete and return to Suncorp the Notification of Accident form to protect the interests of the government and the driver.

National Injury Insurance Scheme QLD

The NIISQ (National Injury Insurance Scheme QLD) was introduced on 1 July 2016, which is available to anyone who is severely injured in a motor vehicle accident. The scheme is to ensure people seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents receive necessary and reasonable treatment, care and support throughout their life, regardless of fault.

For more assistance

If more assistance is requred on a claim please contact the QFleet broker, Michael Woolley on (07) 3008 2666 or by email at

Last updated 23 October 2017    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2017

Queensland Government