Building Industry and Policy consists of five core business areas including Building Policy and Practice, Strategic Policy, Policy Coordination and Industry Engagement, Building, Construction and Maintenance Category Management and Contract Services.
We provide a range of services relating to the built environment including:
- the development and administration of building related legislation and codes
- the development of whole-of-government policy and standards
- conducting research and advising on building industry trends, design guidelines and technical services
- engagement with the building industry to develop capability and capacity
- expert advice to government in relation to the built environment
- expert advice on building procurement and contract related matters to ensure decisions on building assets are in the long term interests of the Queensland Government
- enhancing government procurement practices in the Building, Construction and Maintenance sector by supporting agencies and industry to share and work together.