The Office of the Queensland Government Architect provides leadership and strategic advice to government in relation to the built environment, urban design, procurement and heritage issues.
Our goals are to:
- ensure that high quality and innovative design are major factors in government projects and public buildings
- provide leadership and promote community awareness of built environment issues
- represent government on key architectural planning and urban design committees and bodies
- support and encourage opportunities for Queensland architects, including regional architects and the development of regional design
- maintain effective relationships with architectural design schools in Queensland.
Find out more about the architectural and urban design advice we provide and one of our projects: Brisbane Open House.
Malcolm Middleton OAM, Queensland Government Architect
(Image: Katherine Hagenbach.)
Malcolm Middleton OAM was appointed to the role of Queensland Government Architect in July 2011.
He provides high-level advice to the Queensland Government on contemporary design and heritage issues.
His role includes supporting innovative designs for government buildings and encouraging opportunities for regional architects and the further development of regional design.
Malcolm is an urban designer and architect who brings a wealth of experience to role of Queensland Government Architect having been involved in the industry for over 35 years.
He has practical experience in the areas of architecture, master planning and urban design and has extensive experience in the integration of landscape design principles into project solutions.
Malcolm is a former Queensland President of the Property Council of Australia and served for almost 6 years on the South Bank Design Advisory Panel, 2 years on the Queensland Heritage Council and 4 years on the Development Committee of the Queensland Heritage Council.
In recognition of services to Architecture and Children’s Welfare Organisations, he was awarded an Order of Australia Medal in 2009.
Malcolm Middleton OAM FRAIA
Queensland Government Architect
41 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
GPO Box 2457
Brisbane Qld 4001
Phone: (07) 3008 2520
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.