Strategic Projects manages the initiation stages of major state projects where a number of agencies are key stakeholders.
We direct and manage selected sensitive and significant building and property projects for all project stages from initiation through to completion.
We also provide an advisory and facilitator role within the department and to agencies for complex building and property projects that provide public facilities.
Some of our major projects are:
- Boggo Road Urban Village (property redevelopment and goal redevelopment)
- cyclone shelter construction program (10 new cyclone shelters in North Queensland)
- Kurilpa Bridge
- Kangaroo Point TAFE Redevelopment
- Oxley Creek Common
- Rockhampton Riverbank
- RSPCA Relocation.
- Independent advice—provide informed independent technical advice with a whole-of-Government perspective
- Assessment and review—provide technical, strategic, and risk minimisation evaluations and analysis of private and/or public sector initiated major capital works and infrastructure projects
- Facilitation—help with the initiation and validation of projects, and option and feasibility studies
- Delivery—manage and deliver major whole-of-Government or community benefit property and built infrastructure projects
- Innovation—develop, adapt and implement alternative forms of contract and procurement methods, which satisfy the objectives of both the government and the property and building industries.