Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > About us > Disaster management services > Housing help after a disaster

Housing help after a disaster

  If you need urgent housing assistance, call:
13 QGOV (13 74 68)


If you need emergency storm and flood assistance, please contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500.

If you are a social housing tenant and need urgent maintenance because of a disaster or  weather event, please contact your nearest maintenance response centre.

We also help people who have had to leave their home as a result of a natural disaster.

This help may be required immediately, or some weeks or even months later.

Wherever possible, we will help people to find alternative housing themselves in the private market before other options are explored.

Help may be offered to people who would normally not be eligible for some social housing products or services.

If you have had to leave your home, view the Help with Housing—Queensland Disaster Response fact sheet (PDF, 82KB) (RTF, 230KB) for more information on the services that may be available to you.

You can also contact your local Housing Service Centre.

More information

View more information about the following services:

Recovery after a disaster

If you were affected by a disaster, there's information available to help you recover.

Last updated 28 November 2018    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Severe weather alert

If you need urgent housing assistance, call:

  • 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
 ​If your home has been damaged and you need some​where to stay, ​complete the Emergency housing assistance request form.

Request emergency housing assistance


 Current alerts and warnings



Looking for the latest information on current and ongoing emergency situations in Queensland?

View current disasters and alerts from state's primary emergency information sources on our social media dashboard.

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2018

Queensland Government