Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Construction > Building and plumbing > Appealing local government building application decisions > Fees (appeals and declarations)

Fees (appeals and declarations)

If you want to appeal to the Development Tribunals (Tribunals), you need to pay a fee. This fee is not refundable if you lodge an appeal and then decide to withdraw the appeal. There is also no provision under the Planning Act 2016 to waive an appeal fee for financial hardship.

You should talk to the Registrar first to decide which fees are necessary, and to get payment details.

Call 1800 804 833.

Subject of appeal/declaration

No site inspection by Tribunal

Site inspection by Tribunal 

Class 1 or Class 10 building



Class 2 to Class 9 building (floor area less than 500 square metres)



Class 2 to Class 9 building (floor area greater than 500 square metres)



Appeals under the SEQ Water Act:

Section 99BRBE

Section 99BRBF or BRBFA






Infrastructure charges notice or conversion application







Last updated 03 July 2017    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2017

Queensland Government