The Contract Services unit addresses the contractual (technical and quasi-legal) issues arising primarily out of Government building construction activity. Its role includes:
- managing major disputation, default and insolvency matters arising out of building construction contracts (in accordance with the Capital Works Management Framework)
- developing and implementing best-practice tendering and contract formulation including drafting of construction contracts and building consultancy contracts for use on government building projects
- in consultation with industry, seeking innovative and cost effective approaches to project delivery
- providing expert advice on building procurement and contract related matters to ensure that decisions on building assets are informed, cost effective and in the long term interests of the Government.
We have a range of construction contract templates for use on government building projects.
Phone: (07) 3224 5256
Address: GPO Box 2457, Brisbane Qld 4001.
Want help and advice with a building contract?
If you work in a government agency or a government funded organisation, we can help you with building contract documentation and administration associated with the administration of contracts both from an advisory perspective and in a practical operational capacity.
Looking to work on construction projects?
If you are interested in working on government construction project, view information about working with QBuild and information about the prequalification of building suppliers.
Online construction tenders
For information on goods or services on Queensland Government construction projects, we have 2 online tender (eTender) sites:
- The goods and services eTender site details upcoming, current, closed and awarded tenders for a variety of goods and services but it may include construction tenders.
- The building and construction projects eTender site details upcoming, current, closed and awarded tenders for construction projects, including public housing, civic, education, health and sports facilities, car parks, roads and bridges.