The Prequalification (PQC) System is the whole-of-Government central register of prequalified building consultants and contractors.
It provides guidelines to agencies for the selection of all building industry service providers and aims to:
- streamline the tendering process
- reduce costs of tendering for both the client and the consultant or contractor
- match consultant and contractor capabilities with the service required
- reinforce security of payment on government building projects.
All building consultants who are directly commissioned on government building projects will need to apply for prequalification if:
- the commission fee exceeds $30,000
- the services risk rating is 3 or 4.
All building contractors who are directly contracted on government building projects will need to apply for prequalification if:
- the project is valued at more than $500,000.
Key trade or specialist subcontractors can be registered under contractors in the PQC System. You will need to apply for prequalification if the work exceeds $500,000.
These publications were produced prior to the current government.
News briefs and fact sheets
For more information contact us on 1800 072 621 or PQCRegistrar@hpw.qld.gov.au.