In 2007, the Service Delivery and Performance Commission (SDPC) recommended the establishment of a whole-of-government Print Management Solution in their Report on Review of Purchasing and Logistics in the Queensland Government.
The report identified savings of between $14.4 million and $26.4 million per annum based on an estimated government print market of $70 to $80 million a year.
On 8 October 2008, the Cabinet Budget Review Committee approved:
- the implementation of a new whole-of-government Print Management Solution to be managed by the Queensland Government Chief Procurement Office
- that agencies with existing significant in-house print production be subject to a peer-review process to consider their transition to the whole-of-government Print Management Solution
- that use of the Print Management Solution is mandated across budget-funded agencies to ensure an effective and centralised print function.
The Print Management System
A key component of the Print Management Solution was the development of an online Print Management System. This system, provided by the external print manager, would provide an electronic interface between Queensland Government agencies and accredited print suppliers.
In 2009 an external print manager, Ergo, was engaged to provide the Print Management Solution.
The external print manager:
- provides training to use the system
- reports on print usage
- maintains the supplier accreditation process
- matches accredited suppliers to print requirements
- gives feedback on performance ratings to suppliers
- ensures suppliers meet quality, value and environmental standards.
All Queensland Government departments, statutory authorities and entities as defined by the Financial Accountability Act 2009 and other Australian States and/or Territories and local government agencies are eligible to purchase under QGCPO 793/09.
Non-government bodies may be eligible to purchase under the standing offer arrangement if approved by the principal.
For more information contact us on (07) 3227 7164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.