The Procurement Training and Certification Program is open to staff in Queensland Government budget sector agencies, government-owned corporations and statutory bodies. To check if you are able to participate in the training program, please confirm your organisation is on the Eligible organisations page.
Intermediate Procurement was formerly known as Level 2 - Basic Purchasing Capabilities.
This course builds on Procurement Fundamentals and introduces the concept of procurement as a strategic and cyclical process.
You will learn about drafting a specification, preparing an invitation to offer, receiving and evaluating bids and basic contract administration. Risk assessment is covered in depth, as well as important skills for procurement professionals including communication skills, time management and managing conflict.
- Introduce the strategic sourcing cycle and provide an overview of the activities completed at each stage
- Understand the context in which Queensland Government undertakes its procurement activities, discussing regional challenges and localised supply market conditions
- Understand the objectives of risk management and identify sources of risk to procurement activities
- Equip participants to conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation strategies for procurement activities
- Develop planning and project management skills necessary to complete complex procurement activities
- Develop communication skills for effectively engaging with stakeholders and suppliers and develop strategies for managing conflict
- Highlight where to go for more information and resources
This course requires a satisfactory result in the in-class activity workbook and work-based assessment project for certification.
Cost and duration
Intermediate Procurement is a two-day course which costs $830 (GST inclusive).
To register for an Intermediate Procurement course, visit the course registration page.
The Intermediate Procurement fact sheet (PDF, 26KB) provides an overview of the course.