The Procurement Training and Certification Program is open to staff in Queensland Government budget sector agencies, government-owned corporations and statutory bodies. To check if you are able to participate in the training program, please confirm your organisation is on the Eligible organisations page.
Procurement Fundamentals was formerly known as Level 1 - Purchasing Awareness.
The course aims to equip participants with the capabilities to conduct low value procurement activities, using accountable and defensible procurement techniques.
It provides an overview of the fundamental procurement concepts and techniques, Queensland Government Queensland Procurement Policy content and intent and the procure-to-pay process.
- Provide an overview of the content and intent of the Queensland Procurement Policy
- Provide an overview of fundamental procurement concepts and techniques
- Understand how procurement can assist the Queensland Government to achieve its objectives
- Understand the legal and administrative framework that the procurement function operates within
- Discuss elementary contract law principles and understand their implications for procurement decisions
- Provide an overview of the classic procure to pay process and understand the role of the accounts payable function
- Provide an overview of the basic ordering, receiving and payment process, including a detailed description of payment tools available
- Equip participants to conduct low value procurement activities, using accountable and defensible procurement techniques
- Highlight where to go for more information and resources.
This course requires a satisfactory result in the in-class activity workbook for certification.
Cost and duration
Procurement Fundamentals is a one-day course which costs $600 (GST inclusive).
To register for a Procurement Fundamentals course, visit the course registration page.
The Procurement Fundamentals fact sheet (PDF, 26KB) provides an overview of the course.
For more information contact Procurement Transformation.