Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Facilities > Facilities for government > Office Accommodation Management Framework > Guideline 4: Occupancy > 6.0 Building-related issues

6.0 Building-related issues

The Department of Housing and Public Works is responsible for the asset management of the government-owned office buildings that it controls. These buildings are managed and maintained in accordance with applicable legislation and asset management best practice. The responsibility for the management and maintenance of ‘major leased’ buildings varies according to the lease conditions.

Building-related issues affecting occupants in government-owned and ‘major leased’ buildings should be referred to:

  • the building services controller, if located in the building
  • the relevant property manager, Queensland Government Accommodation Office (QGAO) for HPW-owned or ‘major leased’ buildings. 

Landlords and/or their agents are responsible for the building management functions and certain maintenance of ‘other leased’ buildings, subject to the terms and conditions of each lease.

Any enquiries or fault reporting affecting occupants in ‘other leased’ buildings should be referred to the relevant lease manager, QGAO, who will take up the issue with the building’s landlord and/or agent.​

Last updated 16 August 2019    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2019

Queensland Government