Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Housing > Social housing > Community housing > Information for providers > Crisis Accommodation Program

Crisis Accommodation Program

New! Social Housing Program Specifications (PDF, 113KB),  (RTF, 504KB)

The Crisis Accommodation Program (CAP) funds providers to help eligible people (those who are homeless, in crisis, at risk of homelessness, or in need of support to transition to independent living) find accommodation.

Complementary support funding

If you receive funding under CAP, you may also be eligible to receive complementary (additional) funding from the Australian Government, other Queensland Government departments, or from private sources.

If funded by a government department the provider must:

  • actively seek approval for further funding where available from relevant authorities
  • comply with all directions and requirements of the administering authority or government department
  • continue to receive the complementary funding (if they received this funding at any time during the term of the agreement).

If complementary funding stops during the term of the assistance agreement, you must notify us in writing within 5 business days.

How the funds can be used

This publication was produced prior to the current government.

Providers must implement the Allowable Expenditure and Surplus Policy (PDF, 144 KB).

Legal requirements

You must comply with your obligations under the Housing Regulation 2015  (PDF, 482KB) (the Regulation), including obligations to implement policies as outlined in sections 25, 26, 27 and 34.

Some of the policies you must implement are:

  • Eligibility (s76 of the Regulation)
  • Rent (s17 of the Regulation).

Each policy requirement must be read together with the funding agreement, program specifications and the Regulation.


The provider must hold public liability insurance for a minimum amount of $10,000,000 (10 million dollars).

More information

For more information on community housing:

  • applications, referrals and allocations—contact your nearest Housing Service Centre
  • service requirements, reviews and compliance—contact:
    • Housing and Homelessness Services on 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
    • or your Contract Manager.

Last updated 13 September 2018    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2019

Queensland Government