Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Housing > Social housing > Community housing > Information for providers > Same House Different Landlord

Same House Different Landlord

Social Housing Program specifications (PDF, 113 KB) (RTF, 504 KB)

The Same House Different Landlord (SHDL) program lets registered providers lease departmental properties to deliver transitional housing to eligible people. The program provides intensively managed assistance, based on assessable need, until such time as the household can maintain an independent tenancy. The household can then progress from transitional to longer term housing without having to move to another property.

Providers under the SHDL program operate as part of the One Social Housing System and must comply with program objectives.


To be eligible for the SHDL program, applicants must:

Allowable expenditure

In achieving the objectives of the Program you must only use Receipts for Allowable Expenditure.

This publication was produced prior to the current government.

For further details please refer to the Allowable Expenditure and Surplus Policy (PDF, 144 KB).

Policy requirements

You must comply with your obligations under the Housing Regulation 2015  (PDF, 482KB), including obligations to keep and implement policies in sections 25, 26, 26B, 29 and 34.

The below is not a definite list of policies that you must keep and/or implement. Each policy requirement must be read together with the assistance agreement and the Regulation.

  • Referrals Policy (s25 of the Regulation)
  • Eligibility Policy (s26 of the Regulation)
  • Allocations Policy (s26B of the Regulation)
  • Dispute Resolution and Review of Decisions (s29 of the Regulation)
  • Rent (s34 of the Regulation)

You must also implement the Tenancy Planning and Review policy, procedures and guidelines (provided to you by the department at regular intervals).

Property maintenance

Any maintenance you undertake must be carried out in a tradesperson-like and lawful manner and should be of good quality, durable, low maintenance materials to cater for high wear and tear. Any broken items must be replaced with items of a similar standard.


You must hold public liability insurance for a minimum amount of $10,000,000 (10 million dollars).

More information

  • For more information on community housing:
  • applications, referrals and allocations—contact your nearest Housing Service Centre
  • service requirements, reviews and compliance—contact:
    • Housing  and Homelessness Services on 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
    • or your Contract Manager.

Helpful resources

Last updated 13 September 2018    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2019

Queensland Government