Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Housing > Social housing > Community housing > Information for applicants and tenants

Information for applicants and tenants

​Applying for community housing

Under the one social housing system, there is a common application system (PDF, 40 KB) (RTF, 46 KB) for all forms of social housing, including public housing and community-managed transitional and longer term housing.

Contact your local Housing Service Centre to arrange an appointment to have your housing needs assessed. If an appointment is not convenient for you, you can apply by completing an Application for Housing Assistance (Form 7) (PDF, 417 KB) and sending it to the Housing Service Centres.

Application forms are also available from Housing Service Centres, registered community housing providers and Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) offices.

All eligible applicants are placed on a housing register, which is managed by the Department of Housing and Public Works.

More information


Last updated 02 December 2014    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2019

Queensland Government