Building Policy and Asset Management
Building Policy and Asset Management works with Queensland Government departments and agencies, and industry stakeholders to provide Queenslanders with better, safer and more sustainable places to live, learn and work.
We offer government agencies and departments an extensive range of services, professional knowledge and expertise to fill skill gaps, free up resources or increase capabilities. We also provide legislative services, asset and facilities management, building and construction and project delivery.
As part of the Department of Housing and Public Works, we understand the need to make it easier for Queenslanders to access government information and services. We start by putting customers at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to providing a flexible, integrated and responsive services to address customers evolving needs and core business.
Our range of services provide customised, comprehensive and integrated solutions. Whether our customers need one service, or several, we work with them to design the best package for their needs.
Our services include:
- providing procurement and contract management of building, construction and maintenance services for departments and agencies responsible for schools, hospitals, housing, police stations, correctional facilities, ambulance stations and other facilities
- managing the Queensland Government owned and leased office accommodation, government employee housing, vehicle fleet and a broad range of property assets including parks, bridges and heritage buildings
- ensuring business continuity in the delivery of essential services during disasters or disruptions
- facilitating discussion between the building construction industry and government to collaboratively deliver industry reforms
- developing and administering building-related legislation, codes and whole-of-government policy and standards
- providing research and advice on building industry trends, design guidelines and technical services.
Through our shared professional knowledge and experience, our customers benefit from better operating efficiencies, greater value for money and strong business partnerships.
For more information email BPAMcustomers@hpw.qld.gov.au.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019