Queensland Government Customer and Digital Group
The Queensland Government Customer and Digital Group leads and drives a more digitally enabled and responsive government, whilst facilitating simple and effective access to services for all Queenslanders. We provide digital, strategic and service delivery leadership and capability to enable more responsive services across the Queensland Government.
With its service delivery focus, the group plays a key role in advancing the State Government’s ‘Be a responsive government’ priority through a focus on:
- Customer – drive customer satisfaction and confidence in government services through digitally enabled channels and processes.
- Service delivery – refine and implement government and non-government platforms and service delivery models to improve efficiency and quality.
- Transformation – accelerate and coordinate a whole of government service delivery transformation that is innovative, repeatable, data driven, and delivery focused.
- Ecosystems and partnerships – facilitate and strengthen sector collaboration with government and industry partners.
Our business areas are:
- Office of Assurance and Investment
- Customer and Digital Strategy
- Transformation and Enabling Technologies
- Services Delivery and Operations
These areas are responsible for:
- ensuring project delivery is independently assured and there is a mechanism for clear advice on investment
- Providing the primary point of contact for customers to access government services through multiple delivery channels
- leading Queensland authorities in managing and preserving access to Queensland public records and improving public access to the archival collection
- delivering corporate transactional and advisory services to more than 70,000 public servants across 25 Queensland Government agencies
- managing ICT strategic procurement arrangements and major ICT contracts.
Customer and Digital Strategy
Customer and Digital Strategy (CDS) develops, facilitates and coordinates the Queensland Government's customer and digital strategies, polices, roadmaps and standards through the Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture (QGEA).
We collaborate and engage across government to improve customer experiences through government services that are:
- easy to use
- accessible online, over the phone and in person.
We are committed to:
- identifying, coordinating, evaluating and monitoring government initiatives in alignment with the Queensland Government’s priority to be a responsive government
- leading strategic engagement and relationship management activities with government, industry and other jurisdictions
- developing whole-of-government architecture and roadmaps
- designing end-to-end services to improve customer experience
- building public service capabilities in human centred design, digital leadership and ICT.
Office of Assurance and Investment
The Office of Assurance and Investment (OAI) uses the Queensland Government Enterprise Architectures (QGEA) policies, frameworks and guidelines relating to digital, ICT-enabled and ICT initiative governance and assurance.
We provide advice on best-practice governance and assurance to:
- maximise the successful delivery of value to Queenslanders from government initiatives
- facilitate gated assurance reviews and mentoring to uplift sector capability.
We support the government’s investment decisions by conducting independent digital ICT-enabled and ICT investment reviews under the Deputy Director-General ICT Steering Committee.
Transformation and Enabling Technologies
The Transformation and Enabling Technologies stream delivers the services, solutions and technologies that empower Queensland Government agencies to provide high-quality services to Queenslanders.
We enable innovative, responsive and integrated frontline services for Queenslanders through our dedicated centres of excellence:
Enabling Services leads the architectural design, product and service management, stakeholder engagement, project management, risk management, vendor management and ITSM practice primarily to enable the delivery of CITEC services.
Integration and Enabling Technology leads the design, procurement and management of key ICT assets and services including data centres, networks, computer and storage infrastructure and essential ancillary services for the Queensland Government including whole-of-government cyber security, cloud connectivity and internet access and peering.
We are responsible for the coordination and management of whole-of-government cyber security.
We help government agencies understand and make better use of their data assets. We implement the Government’s commitment to making government data open for anyone to access, use and share. Find out more about Open Data.
We work with agencies and the ICT industry to facilitate government ICT procurement, including:
- responsibility for whole-of-government ICT panel arrangements.
- managing the network of Departmental Vendor Managers (PDF, 156.46 KB). This network can guide you on what opportunities are emerging in each agency and connect you with relevant stakeholders.
- providing advice for Queensland Government about buying ICT products and services.
- advice for suppliers to government
Service Delivery and Operations
The Services Delivery and Operations division provides:
- digitally-enabled whole-of-government services to the Queensland public and
- corporate services and advice to Queensland Government departments and statutory authorities.
Smart Service Queensland
We provide the primary point of contact for customers to access government services through multiple delivery channels. Customers can access government information and services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through:
- calling 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- online at www.qld.gov.au
- Queensland Government Agent Program, located in regional, rural and remote communities across the state, provides face-to-face contact points for customers in areas where access to community services is limited.
- Queensland Government Service Centres in Brisbane, Maroochydore and Cairns.
Queensland Shared Services
Queensland Shared Services (QSS) provides finance, procurement, human resource management, telecommunications and mail support services to more than 70,000 public servants across multiple Queensland Government agencies and statutory authorities.
We are also responsible for the management and support of the majority of Queensland Government’s finance and human resource systems and processes.
Queensland State Archives
Queensland State Archives (QSA) connects Queenslanders with their past by ensuring that the significant records of government are available and accessible.
As the state's lead agency for government recordkeeping, QSA offers practical recordkeeping advice and tools to over 500 Queensland public authorities.
Our archival collection comprises millions of public records dating back to the early Moreton Bay penal settlement of 1823.
- Last updated:
- 14 June 2021