Queensland Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) Roundtable
The role of the Queensland LGBTI Roundtable is to inform government engagement with people of diverse genders and sexualities and provide a mechanism for communities to highlight issues, challenges and opportunities with Queensland government agencies.
The Roundtable provides an opportunity for government to consult, engage and share information with people of diverse genders and sexualities and ensure policy, programs, services and strategies are inclusive of, and responsive to, the needs of LGBTI communities, individuals and their families.
The Roundtable forms part of our commitment to creating fair, cohesive and vibrant communities that respond to the needs of all Queenslanders.
The previous term of the LGBTI Roundtable has ended and Queensland Government is giving consideration to future engagement with the LGBTI community.
Read the communiques outlining the Roundtable’s key priorities and achievements:
- September 2020 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 318 KB) (DOCX, 672 KB)
- December 2019 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 317 KB) (DOCX, 671 KB)
- August 2019 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 520 KB) (DOCX, 672 KB)
- April 2019 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 536 KB) (DOCX, 570 KB)
- December 2018 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 532 KB) (DOCX, 662 KB)
- August 2018 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 524 KB) (DOCX, 665 KB)
- April 2018 LGBTI Roundtable Communique (PDF, 792 KB) (DOCX, 566 KB)
- LGBTIQA+ communities glossary of common terms (Australian Government)
- Inclusive language relating to gender and sexual diversity (Australian Government style guide)
- Queensland Human Rights Commission
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cwlth)
- LGBTIQ+ inclusion and diversity commitment (Queensland Government)
- Support for older LGBTI people - My Aged Care (Australian Government)
- Support for young people who identify as LGBTIQ+
- LGBTI carers
- Queensland Police LGBTI Liaison Program
- International Day against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT)
- Last updated:
- 30 June 2021