Queensland Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer+ (LGBTIQ+) Alliance Start-Up Grant
Eligible organisations can now apply for up to $200,000 (excluding GST) in start-up funding to establish a contemporary and highly visible Queensland LGBTIQ+ Alliance (the Alliance). The funding will be delivered over 2 years.
The funding will support engagement with LGBTIQ+ individuals and communities, including those in rural, regional, and remote locations, to co-design, establish and build an Alliance. The Alliance will provide a platform for LGBTIQ+ individuals and communities to have a stronger voice by collecting and sharing information, research and analysis informing policy, programs, services and strategies to include and be responsive to their needs.
Once established, a representative of the Alliance will be invited to attend quarterly meetings of the Queensland LGBTIQ+ Roundtable.
The successful applicant is required to engage with LGBTIQ+ communities, individuals, and families to:
- determine the best model and characteristics for a contemporary and dynamic Alliance
- co-design an operating framework, including terms of reference, governance, and accountabilities
- establish and build the Alliance
- explore and secure ongoing sources of revenue and partnerships to support the long-term work of the Alliance.
Organisations may submit an application as a collective, consortium or other partnership model from any sector. They must demonstrate their ability to achieve positive engagements and a strong network across Queensland’s LGBTIQ+ community.
- have a service outlet located in Queensland
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be in the process of registering for an ABN
- have current, or be prepared to take out and maintain, public liability insurance of no less than $10 million
- must be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company incorporated by guarantee
- an incorporated association
- a registered not-for-profit organisation
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
Submit applications through the SmartyGrants website until 4pm, Monday 20 June 2022.
Refer to the LGBTIQ+ Alliance Grant Program Guideline.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last updated:
- 17 May 2022