Security of payment
Queenslanders who work in our building and construction industry make an invaluable contribution to our communities and the economic prosperity of our state. They deserve to be paid for the work they do.
The Building Industry Fairness Reforms will give them confidence that this will happen. The Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 commenced on 10 November 2017 to support these reforms.
For information about how to comply with these changes, see the Queensland Building Construction Commission.
Read about changes we’re making to protect workers’ payments:
- Progress payment changes
- Adjudication changes
- Subcontractors’ charges changes
- Retention requirement changes
- Project bank accounts
- Minimum financial requirements
The Queensland Government will further strengthen and expand its safeguard for subcontractor payments following:
- an evaluation conducted by the Building Industry Fairness Reforms Implementation and Evaluation Panel
- the work of the Special Joint Taskforce.
Contact us with any queries at email@example.com.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019