The Stadium Taskforce was established on 22 April 2018 to review the pricing and practices of Stadiums Queensland. The Taskforce was led by Mr John Lee, an independent and experienced sports administrator.
The Taskforce was requested to examine:
- the current operating and pricing models for major sports events for each of the venues within the Stadiums Queensland portfolio
- how these models impact hirers, patrons, major event attraction
- the costs and benefits to the Queensland community.
On 28 November 2018, Mr Lee provided his final report to the Queensland Government. The final report focuses on:
- community expectations associated with ticket and food prices, community access and ensuring a home for our national sporting teams
- management to ensure proper maintenance and upgrades for events and usage
- venue specific considerations
- future infrastructure needs
- governance arrangements and financial sustainability of Stadiums Queensland.
The final report informed the Queensland Government Sport and Active Recreation Strategy.
View the final Stadium Taskforce Report (PDF, 6MB).
Download in parts:
On 16 July 2018, Mr Lee provided his interim report to Queensland Government.
- Stadium Taskforce interim report (PDF, 6.2MB).
- Queensland Government’s response to the interim report (PDF, 32KB).
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019