Supporting Queensland food and beverages
As outlined in the Queensland Procurement Policy, we have committed to prioritising Buy Queensland first when purchasing food and beverages.
In purchasing Queensland food and beverages, we will:
- support local businesses and jobs
- reduce transport and your carbon footprint
- support regional Queensland.
By identifying and planning for these opportunities, we will:
- ensure Queensland food and beverages are used, unless impractical, and
- ensure suppliers (such as caterers or event organisers) partner with Queensland food and beverage suppliers.
Food and beverage supplier directory
The Queensland Government Food and Beverage Supplier Directory lists food and beverage businesses supporting Queensland jobs. We recommend using Google Chrome to view and search.
Businesses can apply to be listed if they:
- have a physical Queensland presence
- employ Queenslanders
- supply food and beverages that are either grown, made or produced in Queensland.
Queensland Government buyers
Queensland Government staff are required to Buy Queensland first for food and beverages, unless impractical.
Learn how to implement Buy Queensland for food and beverage purchases.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019