Skip links and keyboard navigation

Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to content | Skip to footer | Use tab and cursor keys to move around the page (more information)
Skip Navigation LinksDepartment of Housing and Public Works > Construction > Building and plumbing > Plumbing and drainage > Types of plumbing and drainage work > Minor work

Minor work

Minor work must be performed by a licensee but doesn’t need to be approved by the local government or reported to QBCC.

The Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019, Schedule 2 sets out the work that is considered minor work.

Minor work is work for premises that is necessary to:

  • maintain, repair, replace or remove a fitting or fixture
  • repair a broken or damaged pipe
  • maintain or repair an apparatus
  • install, replace or remove an apparatus, other than a:
    • dual check valve with atmospheric port
    • temperature control device
    • testable backflow prevention device
    • water heater
  • seal a supply pipe downstream from the water meter for a class 1 or 10 building or structure
  • maintain, repair or replace a fire hydrant or fire hose reel, unless schedule 3, section 2 applies to the work
  • unblock sanitary plumbing or sanitary drainage
  • maintain or repair a greywater use facility or an on-site sewage facility, other than an irrigation system for the disposal of effluent from the facility
  • install, remove or replace an automatic switching device for a rainwater tank
  • install a greywater diversion device.

More information

  • Minor work (Queensland Building and Construction Commission)

Last updated 26 July 2019    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

Copyright |  Disclaimer |  Privacy |  Right to information |  Accessibility |  Jobs in Queensland |  Other languages

© The State of Queensland – Department of Housing and Public Works 2009–2019

Queensland Government