Our vision and values
A more sustainable and prosperous future through our energy, building and procurement services.
Our values underpin our work and our culture. We are engaged in the work we do and are committed to:
- putting customers first: by understanding our customers at all levels and delivering what matters
- transforming ideas into action: by delivering responsive and innovative solutions, encouraging and embracing new ideas, and working across boundaries
- unleashing potential: by being clear about our vision and continuing to challenge ourselves
- being courageous: by taking calculated risks to achieve better outcomes
- empowering people: by leading by example within an integrated department
- ensuring a safe work environment: by making the safety of our workers, customers, contractors, other stakeholders and the public our priority.
Our governance framework
Our governance framework draws together the key principles that drive our department’s performance while enabling oversight of accountabilities. It creates a shared understanding of how agile values and principles support our roles and responsibilities in meeting accountability requirements and achieving outcomes. It helps us enhance trust in our actions by being transparent, responsible and responsive to change. Simply put, it’s the way we organise ourselves internally.
Our governance framework communicates how we:
- meet our strategic objectives
- allocate resources appropriately
- maximise the efficient and effective delivery of services.
Our governance model consists of interrelated concepts including 6 elements guiding our governance mechanisms and practices:
- leadership and structure
- ethical behaviour
- responsive service delivery
- risk management
- performance management
- resource management.
Our framework assists the Director-General to meet the requirements of the Financial Accountability Act 2009, the Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009, the Public Sector Ethics Act 1992 and other legislative and accountability requirements. We are committed to good governance, Queensland public sector values with the additional value of ensuring a safe work environment, and the Public Service Code of Conduct.
Our professional standards and practice
We are committed to high standards of professional conduct, and honest and ethical business practices. We also have a zero tolerance approach towards fraud and corruption and expect an ethical standard of conduct from the people and entities we interact with.
Read our Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy (PDF, 220.25 KB) for more information.
- Last updated:
- 16 August 2021