Project updates about the Cairns Convention Centre upgrade
With the refurbishment stage completed in May 2021, the focus of the construction works for the next 12 months is the expansion stage which will add 10,500 square metres to the centre.
For the next 12 months workers will be focusing on:
- building a larger main entrance and a larger undercover forecourt
- a 410-seat plenary lecture space
- three 120-seat meeting rooms
- exhibition space for up to 30 display booths
- and the iconic Sky Terrace boasting a 500-seat rooftop banquet space with views over Trinity Inlet
The focus of the construction program for the next six months:
- The 24-metre tower crane will continue to lift steel, concrete, and equipment to progress the extension of the forecourt, main entry lobby and internal areas.
- Concrete formwork installation for columns, lift shafts and mezzanine slab deck
- Largest concrete pour of the project is scheduled for December, subject to weather and conditions, which will see approximately 300m3 of concrete poured
Largest lift for the crane is scheduled for first quarter of 2022 to install the escalators.
Stunning new images now available
The latest architectural designs for the new-look Cairns Convention Centre have just been released, revealing for the first time an impressive interior bathed in sunlight and stunning sky deck overlooking Trinity Inlet.
- Last updated:
- 19 November 2021