Training and skills development in hydrogen
The Queensland Government is investing $32.6 million in state-of-the-art training facilities to
- advance our hydrogen skills
- attract new workers to the hydrogen sector
- meet projected demand for existing apprentices and tradespeople.
- $20 million to for Stage 2 upgrades to the industry-led Queensland Apprenticeships Centre featuring a new Hydrogen Training Centre of Excellence at Beenleigh. Upgrades will feature green gas training equipment, lower carbon technology upgrades and state-of-the-art training facilities to support construction trades. The project will be completed by June 2022.
- $10.6 million to build a hydrogen and renewable energy training facility for training in renewable energy such as hydrogen, solar and wind at the Bohle Trade Training TAFE in Townsville. The project will be completed during 2023-24.
- $2 million to upgrade facilities at Gladstone State High School to prepare students for jobs in the hydrogen industry.
- Last updated:
- 14 October 2021