Driving social outcomes
Buy Queensland is the Queensland Government’s procurement approach introduced on 1 September 2017.
It has been enhanced to create more employment opportunities to drive better social outcomes for Queensland job-seekers.
This commitment to increase spend with genuine, quality, social enterprises now delivers even greater economic benefits to communities, more quality workplaces and even greater social outcomes.
Buy Queensland will also have a stronger focus on compliance to ensure a level playing field.
The government’s social procurement commitment will help to:
- promote more diverse and inclusive workforces
- create training and employment opportunities
- encourage local economic development and growth
- help people to participate in the wider community and contribute to the economy.
Creating more accessible workplaces
Our pursuit of social outcomes includes full accessibility for people with disability. Furthering this commitment, disability advocates are represented as part of our industry engagement approach.
Dedicated social procurement support
Our social procurement advisor works with:
- public servants to support their social procurement activities, including advice on how to engage with social enterprises
- social enterprises and industry to build the sector’s capacity as valued suppliers to the Queensland Government.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019