COVID-19: Sport and active recreation facilities
- Last updated:
- 19 May 2020 3:58PM
- First published:
- 27 March 2020 4:58PM
Queensland Government venues
These venues are closed to the public:
- Gold Coast Recreation Centre
- Sunshine Coast Recreation Centre
- Tallebudgera Leisure Centre Gym
- Toowoomba Sports Ground
- Townsville Sports Reserve
- Sports House Townsville (tenants can access)
- Sports House Milton (tenants can access)
- Sports House South
- Tallebudgera Leisure Centre
Contact the relevant venue for questions about closures or existing and future bookings.
All Stadiums Queensland venues are closed to the public.
Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS)
Athletes have been advised to return home with official training temporarily suspended.
The Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre is currently closed, including the:
- QAS gymnasium
- sport science laboratory
- indoor sports hall
- QAS Recovery Centre.
Staff are providing telehealth services and other high performance health services including acute medical care and physiotherapy for rehabilitating athletes.
For more information on QAS closures, visit the QAS Facebook page or phone (07) 3708 7800.