COVID-19: Sport and active recreation providers
- 27 March 2020 5:05PM
We understand that COVID-19 is having increasing impacts on sport and active recreation providers in Queensland.
We are following all advice from Queensland Health and the Australian Government to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Check these sites for regular updates about the COVID-19 response and how it may impact your organisation and members.
- it may be difficult to deliver projects, programs or events as funded
- the timing of your work may need to change from what had been previously agreed
- the targets and conditions of the funding agreements we have with you may not be appropriate given the changing circumstances
- you may want to use funding you receive from us in a different way, to respond to the current situation.
We will honour the funding commitments of contractual arrangements with partners impacted by COVID-19.
Talk to your relevant sport and recreation contact if you have questions about:
- your contingency plans
- concerns or risks to your service delivery.
Read more about how we’re managing specific funding programs.
Support for organisations
The Queensland Government and Australian Government have announced a range of support mechanisms, some of which may be relevant to your organisation. Support information is outlined on business.qld.gov.au and treasury.gov.au/coronavirus.
More information about support for sport and active recreation organisations will be available soon.