COVID-19: Support for Building Construction and Maintenance suppliers
- 1 April 2020 4:46PM
We recognise the COVID-19 pandemic has significant implications for all industries, including Building Construction and Maintenance (BCM).
For all BCM works undertaken by the Queensland Government, we are committed to supporting our industry partners during this period.
- communicate important developments. We will work with our industry partners to keep you up to date on developments to existing contracts and tender packages you have applied for.
- maintain open dialogue. We encourage you to regularly communicate with our teams to flag potential concerns and work collectively to reduce impacts to the delivery of programs and projects wherever possible.
- recognise supply chain issues. We will work with you to understand impacts to your supply chain and look at alternative solutions where possible.
- consider valid cost escalations and staffing. We will work to understand specific areas of your contract that may have been genuinely impacted due to staff availability and cost escalations.
- recognise potential tender validity concerns. We will work with our industry partners to understand any rising impacts to genuine tender validity concerns.