About the 2020-24 Strategic Plan
You can also download the:
- Strategic Plan 2020-24 (PDF, 475.99 KB)
- Strategic Plan 2020-24 Performance indicators and measures (PDF, 187.67 KB)
Working together with respect and compassion to influence change and deliver responsive services that build a healthy and connected Queensland.
Our department unifies diverse services to benefit Queenslanders and support government service delivery including housing and homelessness, building policy, public works, sport and recreation, digital and information technology and government corporate services.
Core objectives of our service delivery:
Enabling objectives to support our service delivery:
Contributing to Our Future State: Advancing Queensland’s Priorities
- Create jobs in a strong economy: we contribute to the creation of jobs across Queensland and contribute to regional development.
- Give all our children a great start: we provide children a safe place to grow and learn through safe, secure and sustainable housing, while also investing in sport and active recreation to provide children with more opportunities for physical activities and a bright future.
- Keep Queenslanders healthy: we support a range of sport and recreation outcomes to ensure physical activity enriches the Queenslander way of life and provides support for elite success and collaboration within the sport and active recreation industry.
- Keep communities safe: we provide housing for vulnerable Queenslanders and building a safer construction industry.
- Protect the Great Barrier Reef: we deliver programs to purchase renewable energy, lowering fleet emissions and fostering sustainable building initiatives.
- Be a responsive government: we give Queenslanders better access to information and government services online, over the phone or in person by leading the rollout of priority whole-of-government initiatives.
Read more on the Our Future State: Advancing Queensland’s Priorities website.
Our long-term strategies
Our four long-term strategies will aid in recovery from the pandemic and build a stronger, more resilient Queensland:
- Play a key role in whole-of-government recovery functions, specifically economic, building and human-social.
- Harness lessons identified during our response to the pandemic to shape our recovery and emerge stronger.
- Partner with our regions and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to reshape our strategies so they thrive in the future.
- Rapidly drive our digital and data transformation to achieve secure, trusted and easy to use gateways to government services for our customers.
- Accelerate our innovation and collaboration to creatively respond to change, enhance synergies and create greater value for communities.
- Embed new norms and ways of working and revitalise our partnerships to improve foresight, agility, adaption and organisational resiliences.
- Meeting customer and stakeholder expectations and delivering quality, timely services - by understanding our client and community needs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Delivering services that meet the diversity of agency, customer and stakeholder requirements - by reshaping services and strengthening partnerships.
- Transforming digital services to enable effective government outcomes - by developing and implementing strategies to guide government, strengthening cyber security and driving digital capability.
- Securing corporate knowledge and capability - by attracting and retaining an agile workforce, providing development opportunities, building capability and maximising skills developed during the pandemic response.
- Ensuring alignment with strategic directions and priorities - by planning and managing our resources to optimise service delivery outcomes, especially to aid recovery from the pandemic.
- Improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples - by embedding Pathways to Treaty.
We acknowledge the traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander owners of country throughout Queensland, their ongoing connection to this land and water and we pay our respects to their culture and their Elders past, present and future.
Human rights are essential in a democratic and inclusive society that respects the rule of law. Our department is committed to respecting, protecting and promoting human rights.
Our values form the foundation for our work and our culture. We are committed to high standards of professional conduct and ethical business practices.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2020