About the 2021-25 Strategic Plan
Thriving communities where all Queenslanders can have a safe and stable place to live and enjoy high levels of social and economic wellbeing, supported by a strong digital economy and a vibrant arts sector.
To improve the lives of Queenslanders by increasing social, economic and digital inclusion.
Every day our frontline workforce, made up of dedicated and committed people, work to improve the lives of Queenslanders.
- Improve social and economic outcomes for Queenslanders across the State.
- Ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and culture are central to all engagement, design and delivery.
- Integrate proactive frontline services, assistance and programs for Communities, Housing, Digital and the Arts.
- Support a thriving digital economy where Queenslanders, their businesses and communities can transact successfully with Government and each other.
- Enhancing the lives of Queenslanders through the delivery of responsive, integrated and person-centred frontline services that respond to current need and support future aspirations.
- Reframing the relationship with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples through a Path to Treaty.
- Respecting, protecting, and promoting human rights as the cornerstone of a fair and inclusive society.
- Contributing and delivering on our government commitments including: investing in cultural infrastructure, the live music industry and continued delivery of regional arts; co-designing enhancements to neighbourhood and community centres; supporting digital inclusion for disadvantaged Queenslanders; and providing more social and affordable homes and transforming the way housing services are delivered.
- Rapidly changing environment – as communities recover from the impacts of COVID-19, together with responding to housing demand and positively contributing to social inclusion, services will need to be increasingly flexible and responsive to need.
- Ensuring connectivity – the ability to digitally access responsive services and also build economic sustainability and jobs through digital infrastructure.
- Securing workforce knowledge and capability – the development of an agile, responsive, and culturally capable workforce is an essential aspect of effective frontline services.
- Building on lessons drawn from our response to the pandemic, including jobs creation through accelerating innovation and superior frontline service delivery through collaboration.
- Deepening the integration of all our frontline services, including housing, homelessness, digital and community services, to better meet the needs of the individuals, families, and communities for which we work.
- Increasing the capability of organisations to drive arts-led improvements in social and economic outcomes, specifically jobs creation.
- Partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across the State to reshape and improve our frontline services.
- Providing connected digital gateways and pathways to support increased economic participation and jobs creation.
- Collaborating with the community sector regarding community housing.
Adhere to the highest standards of professional conduct and ethical business practices in everything we advocate and undertake.
Values and principles
We aim to develop a diverse, flexible, compassionate, and culturally safe workforce that respects one another and all those to whom we provide front line services:
- Customers first
- Ideas into action
- Unleash potential
- Empower people
- Be courageous
We will demonstrate strong leadership that effectively manages resources while delivering superior frontline services in a complex and changing environment.
Path to Treaty
We support the Path to Treaty by enabling self-determination, building cultural safety, and ensuring that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are at the centre of everything we do.
People and performance
We strive to develop an agile and engaged workforce that is focused on continually building capability and potential, while achieving excellence in frontline service delivery.
As part of our focus on the future, we embrace the digitisation of services, emerging technologies and innovative ways of delivering frontline services while also supporting jobs creation.
Unite and Recover
Our contribution to Queensland Government’s objectives for the community:
- Safeguarding our health
- Supporting jobs
- Backing small business
- Growing our regions
- Backing our frontline services
- Investing in skills
Download the plan
Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (CDSS)
Department of Housing and Public Works (HPW)
- Strategic Plan 2020-24, HPW (PDF, 475.99 KB)
- Performance indicators and measures, HPW (PDF, 187.67 KB)
- Last updated:
- 29 June 2021