About the 2019–23 Strategic Plan
You can also download the:
- Strategic Plan 2019–23 (PDF, 427KB)
- Strategic Plan 2019–20 performance indicators and measures (PDF, 114KB)
Working together with respect and compassion to influence change and deliver responsive services that build a healthy and connected Queensland.
Our department unifies diverse services to benefit Queenslanders and support government service delivery including housing and homelessness, building policy, public works, sport and recreation, digital and information technology and government corporate services.
Core objectives of our service delivery:
Enabling objectives to support our service delivery:
Contributing to Our Future State: Advancing Queensland’s Priorities
- Be a responsive government through person centred and joined up services across government.
- Create jobs in a strong economy by contributing to the urban centres, building sustainability and regional development.
- Keep Queenslanders healthy through sport and recreation.
- Give all our children a great start by providing them a safe place to grow and learn.
- Keep Queenslanders safe by providing opportunities for vulnerable young Queenslanders, ensuring safe housing and safeguarding the community against non-conforming building products.
- Protect the Great Barrier Reef through programs to purchase renewable energy, lowering fleet emissions and foster sustainable building initiatives.
Read more on the Our Future State: Advancing Queensland’s Priorities website.
Our long-term strategies
We are setting our strategic direction and vision for the future through the following overarching strategies:
- Queensland Housing Strategy 2017–2027
- Queensland Building Plan 2017
- Queensland Government Procurement Strategy 2017
- Sport and Recreation Strategy
- Unified organisation
- Responsive Government
- Develop our leadership capabilities at all levels to drive organisational change and embrace new opportunities.
- Foster a culture of workforce flexibility, innovation and agility that enables us to meet the future needs and changing expectations of our clients, customers, and stakeholders.
- To lead by example and position ourselves to create pathways to a climate resilient Queensland.
- Build our capacity to respond to a digitised future, utilise technology to analyse and share data to gain new insights and transform the way we do business.
- Harness our shared strengths and expertise to build a resilient, unified organisation.
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples of this nation, the traditional custodians of these lands.
We pay our respects to their ancestors, our First Nations peoples, their spirits and their legacy which give strength, inspiration and courage to current and future generations, both Indigenous and non-Indigenous, towards creating a better Queensland.
Our values form the foundation for our work and our culture. We are committed to high standards of professional conduct and ethical business practices.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019