Services for communities
To benefit Queenslanders and their communities by providing housing, homelessness, sports and active recreation, that are responsive, integrated and accessible, and enrich the lives of Queenslanders.
- Housing and Homelessness – delivering safe, secure and affordable housing by funding and improving housing and homelessness services, providing support that meets the needs of Queenslanders and enables social and economic participation
- Sport and recreation – supporting Queenslanders to achieve a range of health and social outcomes through participation in physical activity and providing support for elite success and collaboration within the sport and active recreation industry.
Performance indicators and measures
Services are responsive and accessible
- Average wait time to allocation for assistance (months) with government-owned and managed social rental housing for clients in very high or high need.
- Proportion of newly constructed social housing dwellings meeting the Livable Housing Design guidelines gold or platinum standards.
Housing and homelessness services meet the needs of customers
- Percentage of new households assisted into government-owned and managed social rental housing who were in very high or high need.
- Proportion of total new households assisted to access rental accommodation who moved into the private rental market.
- Percentage of clients who were homeless or at risk of homelessness who needed assistance to obtain or maintain independent housing and obtained or maintained independent housing after support.
Customers are satisfied with services
- Level of overall client satisfaction - Public Housing
- Level of overall client satisfaction - Community Housing
Queenslanders are supported to participate in physical activity
- Percentage of children and young people redeeming a Fairplay voucher who have not played club sport before.
- Percentage of athletes selected for national teams supported by the Queensland Academy of Sport.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2020