This Contract allows IM to engage the Supplier on an “as needs” basis, to provide structural engineering services and information to assist IM with assessing claims of residential damage as a result of past underground mining.
Typical activities will include, but not be limited to:
· Inspection of properties (IM officer will accompany)
· Floor level surveys
· Review of historical data available for the property
· Documentation and photos of observed damage at the property
· Classification of any damage (ie. cracking, deformation) against defined damage categories (AS2870)
· Assess whether a building is structurally safe
· Consideration and advice on the general performance of the building
· Consideration and advice on potential mechanisms and factors which may contribute to any observed damage
· Any other testing or matters associated with assessing damage or risk agreed by the Customer, or as reasonably requested by the Customer.
· Provision of a factual report, including assessments, of sufficient professional content and format, within a timely manner.
The frequency of works is variable in nature. As a result this Contract provides a basis for engagement and payment, but allows flexibility for each individual residential assessment to be planned and executed uniquely based on the relevant facts and circumstances.