In December 2018 Queensland Rail introduced a Contractor Safety and Environment Management (CSEM) Process to develop and deliver a best practice Contractor Safety Management Process for Queensland Rail to combat the spike in the number of high potential incidents involving contractors. The Central West Structures Stage 4 works and subsequent contractors are required to comply with this new process.
The Safety and Environment Management Process is aim to enhance how Queensland Rail manage contractor safety which will include a contractor classification and prequalification process .
With a view to effectively manage rail safety in accordance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011 and Rail Safety National Law (Queensland) Act 2017, Queensland Rail has developed the CSEM Program as per below:
- Depending on the scope of works and the location of the works, contractors are required to complete and submit the relevant Safety and Environment Pre-qualification questionnaires (including supporting evidence) for review and evaluation.
- Contractors who pass the pre-qualification process are added to Queensland Rail’s “Pre-Qualified Safety and Environment Contractor Register” and are eligible to tender for other works, provided these works are within the same category under which they have been pre-qualified.
- The validity of the pre-qualification is two (2) years and may be extended under certain conditions.
Refer to the attached Pre-Qualification Process and the webpage below for further information on the CSEM Program:
The Central West Structures Stage 4 Works has been classified as a Category 1.
Category 1: Principal Contractor: External construction companies engaged by QR as a Principal Contractor for a construction project; being a project that involves construction work where the cost of the construction work is $250,000 or more.
To be eligible to undertake the works you will be required to respond to a set of mandatory and non-mandatory questions listed within spreadsheet “MD-18-400 – Contractor Safety & Environment Pre-Qualification Questionnaire: Category 1”. Refer to the weblink for the spreadsheet:
Please complete the Stage 1 of the prequalification questionnaire before 10:00AM AEST Friday 1 February 2019 and return it to the Contact Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For this Tender (QRP-18-146), Work Specifications uploaded in to QTenders for all QTenders registered companies to download. From there the Tenderer will need to determine if they would like to proceed to a Tender response.
Tenderers who wish to download all documents and submit a response please follow the below instructions;
- Tenderers will be required to register to the SAP Ariba eSourcing system by sending an email to the nominated Contact Officer (email@example.com).
- If the Tenderer elects to submit a Tender response, they must do so by using Queensland Rail’s online tendering tool (SAP Ariba eSourcing).
- Tenderers are encouraged to carefully read all documentation available for download in the SAP Ariba eSourcing System.
Queensland Rail will only accept tender responses submitted via the SAP Ariba eSourcing System.