The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) seek proposals from suitably qualified and experienced Suppliers, to this first of a multi-stage procurement process, the Request for Proposal (RFP) for Digital Wallet and Enabling Platforms..
TMR is currently in the ‘Discovery’ tranche of a Customer Oriented Registration and Licencing (CORAL) Modernisation Program (Program).
The Program is responsible for driving and delivering change in the registration and licensing application suite in order to increase agility and responsiveness of ICT to changing customer and business needs, reduce the cost of legacy application ownership, and reduce risk of and reliance on legacy skill sets. By undertaking this multi-staged, open market procurement TMRs vision and outcome of achieving a contemporary, agile, flexible registration and licensing system and a single, integrated transport network accessible to everyone is anticipated.
This will be achieved in partnership with our customers, our business and their partners improving the experiences associated with the system responsible for managing $2 Billion annually in business revenue. The Program will focus on re-thinking service design from a human-centred approach; simplify processes; regulatory, legislative and policy drivers; and build the next generation of digital platforms that are simpler and enable customers to get better outcomes.
TMR seeks a relationship with a Supplier/s that cares as much about our customers, and staff and their capability, as we do, and believes not only in our strategic vision, but is willing to share risk and innovation to get us there.
The RFP seeks to elicit from the supply market proposals that will assist TMR to support:
- a Single Integrated and Customer Verified Account with the authority to manage all customer service transactions in one place;
- empowering customers to complete multiple transactions, when they want, where they want and with the confidence that their information is protected;
- transitioning our legacy platforms from a compliance-based system to a customer-oriented account-based core, that will allow us to integrate all our services, so we can support our customers’ end-to-end journey; and
- creating a platform where innovators can securely and creatively build our next generation of innovative products that are sustainable, scalable, interoperable and can be delivered faster.
This initiative supports Responsive Government and the following priorities:
TMR is approaching the open market with two (2) related problem statements in one procurement activity, allowing Suppliers the opportunity to propose solutions for either one or both. It is TMRs preference (but not mandatory) that Suppliers form a consortia to offer a complete solution for both:
- Option A: Digital Wallet*; and
- Option B: Enabling Platforms**
The procurements for Digital Wallet and Enabling Platforms have been combined into a single process because the Digital Wallet solution will need to be built on an Enabling Platform/s that meets TMR infrastructure and integration specifications including access to the customer data repository. The Enabling Platforms will need to have the capability and capacity for expansion to test potential future state technologies. The vision for the Enabling Platforms is for it to serve as an avenue to deliver foundational and transformative applications for TMR that will provide ongoing value for the exiting of the Transport Registration and Integrated Licensing System (TRAILS) and licencing and registration more generally.
The RFP Proof of Concept for the Digital Wallet and Enabling Platforms outcomes will be working prototypes for TMR consideration.
* Digital Wallet – a secure digital container with digital credentials that will enable our customers to conduct business using the digital product in the same way they would a physical credential
**Enabling Platforms - is a group of technologies that are used as a base to develop other applications, processes or technologies.
For detailed information on the specific goods / services sought under this tender, please review the "Specification Documents" in "Section 3 - Here is the detail".