For urgent housing assistance, call 13 QGOV (13 74 68), or find out what housing help is available after a disaster.
This page is an overview of the services we offer in the case of a disaster.
Under the State Disaster Management Plan (PDF, 2.4MB), we have been assigned the primary and pivotal functional support role for:
- building and engineering services
- building recovery
- communication services (call centre and government websites).
We also maintain and restore critical government ICT infrastructure.
We provide these services to support state departments and local government groups to undertake disaster response, relief and recovery operations. Find out more about how it works in our Disaster Management Plan (PDF, 311KB).
What we offer
During a disaster, we support local governments by providing temporary emergency accommodation solutions, using arrangements outlined in our Temporary Emergency Accommodation Sub Plan (PDF, 648KB).
We also help people with immediate and long term housing needs that have resulted from a natural disaster.
Response, reconstruction and recovery
Under the Queensland Disaster Relief and Recovery Guidelines, we lead and coordinate the reconstruction and recovery of buildings.
We’re involved in disaster planning activities and response operations, working closely with:
- Queensland Fire and Emergency services
- other departments and agencies
- local governments
- industry and commercial sectors.
We provide expert advice and help on:
- all-hazard disaster mitigation
- response, relief and recovery strategies and policies for built infrastructure
- departmental activities and operations.
- Last updated:
- 16 January 2020