A career with the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy (CHDE) offers the opportunity to work and learn in a diverse environment. We employ people from across Queensland in a wide variety of trades and professions.
We are committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourage applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people from culturally diverse backgrounds and
- people with a disability.
The department is also a member of:
- the Australian Network on Disability - a national network of organisations committed to advancing the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business
- Diversity Council Australia - Australia’s independent not-for-profit peak body leading diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Pride in Diversity - Australia’s not-for-profit employer support program for all aspects of LGBTI workplace inclusion, dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of LGBTI people by reducing exclusion, invisibility, homophobia and stigma in the workplace.
CHDE has joined forces with some of Australia’s leading businesses, sporting bodies, and Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) to support the national ’Racism. It stops with me’ campaign. Our organisation is committed to preventing racism and pledged to undertake activities to support the campaign.
Join the department
We advertise vacancies on the Queensland Government’s Smart Jobs and Careers portal.
The department offers you a unique opportunity to build your career with Queensland Government. We recruit across a range of disciplines with all current opportunities available on the Queensland Government Graduate Portal.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander traineeship
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander traineeship provides paid work and training for First Nations young people aged 16 to 25 years.
From 2020 to 2023, the department will offer 64 traineeships, including 32 school-based and 32 full-time traineeships in:
- business administration
- community services
- information technology.
The traineeships are an initiative under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Action Plan 2019-2023.
- Last updated:
- 1 March 2021