Department of Housing and Public Works
Latest news and updates
Updated: 5:30PM AEDT Tuesday, 31 March 2020
- Procurement updates and emergency procedures for government buyers and suppliers.
- Housing assistance available to support Queensland's most vulnerable.
- Information to support sport and active recreation in Queensland.
- For Queensland Health information.
- Information and assistance for businesses from the Queensland and Australian Governments.
Connect with us on social media to see our housing, building and construction, digital technology and sport and recreation activities, and news.
What we do
- Housing and homelessness Help for Queenslanders who need access to housing.
- Sport and recreation Advice and initiatives supporting sport and active recreation in Queensland.
- Building and plumbing Services, legislation and advice for industry and Queenslanders.
- Digital Services and initiatives making the most of ICT in Queensland.
Novel Coronavirus health alert Queensland Health is working together with its state and federal counterparts in response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Special Joint Taskforce Investigating alleged fraudulent behaviour for sub-contractor non-payment in the building industry.
Staying active at home Explore Healthier. Happier to find healthy recipes, fun exercise videos and handy guides.
Australia’s most northern bowls club gets an upgrade Infrastructure funding transforms Thursday Island Bowls Club green.
Food and beverage directory We have committed to prioritising Buy Queensland first when purchasing food and beverages.
Putting Queenslanders first
Learn about the Buy Queensland approach under the Queensland Government Procurement Strategy.
Delivering a better housing future across the state
Learn about the 10 year Queensland Housing Strategy.
A safer, fairer, more sustainable construction industry
Learn about the 10 year Queensland Building Plan.
Keeping Queenslanders moving
Learn about the 10 year Activate! Queensland Sport and Recreation Strategy.