Contract Services is a unit under Building Contract Management, Asset Management Policy and Strategy, Building Policy and Asset Management.
We advise on contractual (technical and quasi-legal) issues mainly arising out of government building projects (under the Capital Works Management Framework).
Our role includes:
- managing major disputation, default and insolvency matters arising out of building construction contracts, including:
- major disputation – where a Principal’s decision is required under the contract and the Principal is not in a position to adequately resolve the dispute
- litigation – where an action is brought by or against the Principal during or after contract completion
- insolvency – all instances of contractor insolvency, including contract termination and takeover, and communication with administrators and liquidators
- developing and implementing best-practice tendering and contract formulation, including drafting and maintaining building construction and consultancy contracts for use on government building projects
- seeking innovative and cost-effective approaches to project delivery in consultation with industry
- providing expert advice on building procurement and contract-related matters to ensure that decisions on building assets are informed, cost effective and in the Queensland Government’s long-term interests.
See our range of construction contract templates for use on government building projects.
For more information, email Contract.Services@hpw.qld.gov.au.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019