On this page:
- Who we are
- What we do
- Procurement management
- Contract management
- Partnering with building suppliers
QBuild is a commercialised business unit of the Queensland Government.
We offer procurement management and contract management services associated with the construction, maintenance and operation of Queensland Government buildings and assets.
Our team has extensive experience in a range of professional building disciplines, trades and facilities management. We can help ensure that meeting your infrastructure or property requirements is a seamless process.
Our areas of expertise include architecture, building maintenance, building surveying, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, program management, property services, quantity surveying, risk management and value management.
We have specialist knowledge in community and public housing, community safety, education, health, law and order, and sport and recreation.
Rebuilding QBuild program
On 25 August 2019, the Queensland Government announced plans to ‘rebuild QBuild’ by employing 300 trade-based field staff, including 60 apprentices, over the next 3 years.
The Rebuilding QBuild program will:
- help deliver construction and maintenance services to regional and remote areas of the state
- provide a pathway to education, training and jobs for young people
- improve the government’s ability to respond to disaster events.
As part of this initiative, Building and Asset Services has changed its name to QBuild.
QBuild will continue the government’s reinvigorated capital works and major projects program.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
We partner with government agencies to strategically manage their building, construction and maintenance activities to ensure their assets and facilities are safe and sustainable.
Our customers include departments and agencies that are responsible for schools, hospitals, housing, police stations, correctional facilities, ambulance stations and other facilities.
We manage their asset life-cycle through acquisition, construction, maintenance, and disposal.
We also work with industry and local suppliers to both maximise value for money for our customers and help build Queensland’s regions.
- To find out how we can help you, contact us.
- If you’re an existing client, visit our QBuild web portal.
- If you’re a supplier, building consultant or building contractor, read about partnering with QBuild.
Our procurement management services are unique for all our government clients. They address the risk and probity issues associated with their building and property requirements.
Our services include
- assisting with the project brief (perhaps the most crucial part of a project, so the project progresses smoothly and outcomes/objectives are achieved)
- identifying, analysing and continually monitoring risks to effectively mitigate and manage them
- managing the process to select and engage consultants
- monitoring the performance of consultants and contractors
- identifying, assessing and providing recommendations for the selection of procurement options, contractual options and tender methods
- managing the tender process
- performing the audit role throughout project delivery
- administering contracts and performing the role of superintendent while using our expertise to meet client expectations
- monitoring and reporting.
QBuild provides contract management service that ensures your business interests are protected during every aspect of your building or property project.
We specialise in building contract law and administration, and lead the development and application of government capital works procurement policies.
Our services include:
- contract claims
- contract training
- claims management
- contract documentation.
We can also:
- develop tender criteria,
- draft conditions of tender
- help select contractors working in a superintendent’s or principal’s representative role.
Our eBusiness systems give our clients, contractors, consultants and suppliers access to administer their business needs with QBuild.
Access our eBusiness systems:
See the logins page to access the applications that support our products and services.
Registering with QBuild
Contractors, consultants and suppliers who want to compete for works or service with QBuild need to complete our registration process.
Contractors and consultants must register through the Prequalification System if they wish to perform the following work:
- contractors: compete for major capital works contracts worth at least $1 million
- consultants: perform consultancy services on government building projects expected to exceed $60,000 in value (or with a service risk rating of 3 or 4 where the consultancy fee is less than $60,000).
See Queensland Government's online QTenders for:
- upcoming, current and closed tenders invited on an open list
- view awarded tenders including construction projects.
For more information, contact us via:
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019