Housing, Homelessness and Sport
Housing, Homelessness and Sport delivers a range of housing support and sport and recreation services to Queenslanders.
Housing and Homelessness offers housing assistance to eligible Queenslanders through government-owned and managed social housing and funding to registered providers of community and local government-managed social housing.
Housing and Homelessness also provides funding to organisations that assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
The social housing system is designed to ensure people in need receive appropriate, affordable and safe housing, and are supported by pathways that build and sustain independence. Improving housing affordability, reducing homelessness and assisting Queenslanders to access the private housing market are key priorities.
Sport and Recreation supports and encourages participation and success in sport and active recreation through:
- grant funding for sport and active recreation clubs and competition participation
- infrastructure and infrastructure planning events, and state level organisations training and accreditation programs and resources
- high quality sport, recreation, venue and accommodation experiences
- promotional campaigns
- support for the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS).
Through these investments we aim to help more Queenslanders be physically active and connected to their communities.
Contact Housing and Homelessness and Sport and Recreation or view our information on:
- Eligibility and applying for housing
- Public housing tenants
- Our data
- National and state housing agreements and reports
- Community Housing
- Queensland Academy of Sport
- Sport venues and facilities
- Sport funding grants
- Support for local sporting clubs
Dignity First Fund
New funding opportunities are available for homelessness providers and social entrepreneurs.
- Last updated:
- 29 November 2019