National and state housing agreements and reports
Australian Government funding to the states and territories is subject to the:
Housing and homelessness funding is provided under the:
- National Housing and Homelessness Agreement (NHHA)
- associated bilateral schedule between the Australian and Queensland Governments.
From 1 July 2018, the NHHA replaced the:
- National Affordable Housing Agreement
- associated National Affordable Housing Specific Purpose Payment
- National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness.
Under the NHHA, Queensland is expected to receive funding of around $1.6 billion over 5 years to 2022–23, subject to meeting the Australian Government’s funding requirements.
Queensland’s implementation of the NHHA is mainly a continuation of the:
- core business of the Queensland Housing Strategy 2017–2027
- reform initiatives in Partnering for impact to reduce homelessness in Queensland.
Reporting on the NHHA will be publicly available by 31 October of the following financial year from 2019.
- Last updated:
- 19 November 2020