Previous Minister's Award for Urban Design Winners
2022 Awards and commendations
- QUT Campus to Country - BVN with Queensland University of Technology
- Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Services (STARS) and Public Realm - Hassell, BESIX Watpac with Australian Unity and Metro North Health
- Fish Lane Town Square - RPS with Richards & Spence, Bland 2 Brilliant, Greenstock, Michael Bale & Associates, Shape Australia & FPOV with Aria Property Group
2021 Awards and commendations
- Queensland Country Bank Stadium - Cox Architecture in collaboration with Counterpoint Architecture and Stadiums Queensland
- Joints Projects: Slacks Creek Green Link together with Dennis Road Shared Pathway and Murrajong Streetscape Works - Logan City Council with AECOM and Logan City Council
- Urban Canopy Mapping - City of Gold Coast in collaboration with Arup and Dr Lyndall Plant
- Tropical Design Studio: Strategic concept masterplans in northern Queensland country towns - Tropical Urbanism and Design Lab (TUD Lab) at James Cook University (JCU) with CA Architects, LA3 Landscape Architecture and TPG Architects with Tablelands Regional Council, Cassowary Coast Regional Council and Hinchinbrook Shire Council.
- University of Queensland Gatton Campus Entry and Heart - : Lat27 with the University of Queensland
- Caboolture to Wamuran Rail Trail - Wolter Consulting Group with Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Design Strategy and Book – Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
2020 Awards and commendations
- Cairns Performing Arts Precinct - CA Architects, Cox Architecture and Andrew Prowse Landscape Architect with Cairns Regional Council
- Howard Smith Wharves - HSW Nominees, Urbis and Woods Bagot.
- The Spit Master Plan - Deicke Richards and John Gaskell Planning Consultants, with Aspect Studios and Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning, Gold Coast Waterways Authority and City of Gold Coast
- 900 Ann Street - John Wardle Architects, Lat 27 and Penfold Projects with Consolidated Properties and Anglican Church Archdiocese.
2019 Awards and commendations
- Main Street, Barcaldine - m3architecture and Brian Hooper Architect (architects in association) with Barcaldine Regional Council
- Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan - Lat27 and Oxley Creek Transformation Pty Ltd in association with DesignFlow, Hydrobiology, Jacobs and Deloitte
- Joint Projects: Gold Coast Building Height Study—an approach to city image together with Gold Coast Urban Ground Project - City of Gold Coast with Urbis and City of Gold Coast with Archipelago.
2018 Awards and commendations
- Fish Lane, South Brisbane- Aria Property Group with Brisbane City Council
- Parklands, Gold Coast- AAA (Arkhefield, ARM and Archipelago) and Lat27 with Grocon.
- Big Plans for Small Creek: Small Creek Naturalisation Ipswich Landscapology and Bligh Tanner with Ipswich City Council
- St Lucia Campus Master Plan St Lucia, Brisbane Urbis with University of Queensland
- Rockhampton Riverside and CBD Redevelopment Rockhampton Urbis with Rockhampton City Council.
2017 Awards and commendations
- Beenleigh Town Square Project, Logan- Logan City Council, AECOM, MRCagney and Wilson Architects
- Brisbane Showgrounds – Public Realm Overlay, Brisbane- RNA and Lendlease with Lat27
- Kwong Sang Walk Laneway Creation, Toowoomba- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Gold Coast Landscape Character Study, Gold Coast - City of Gold Coast with Cardno, Catherine Brouwer and Michael Aird.
- Last updated:
- 30 August 2023