Information is grouped and accessible through 7 classes:
Information classes will not usually include information that is:
- prohibited by law from disclosure or is exempt under the Right to Information Act 2009
- in draft form
- in a form that cannot be easily accessed
- no longer readily available because it has been transferred to the Queensland State Archives.
Fees and charges
Information listed in our publication scheme is available free-of-charge from our websites.
If you ask for printouts or for copies of documents where the request exceeds 100 pages, there may be a charge of $0.20 per page. We will provide you with a quote for the cost, after we receive your request. Charges need to be paid in advance.
Information resources at Queensland State Archives
The Department of Housing and Public Works has transferred its historically significant records to Queensland State Archives (QSA). Some of the larger record series are:
- Series ID 1162, Architectural Drawings of Public Buildings, ca 1857–2001
- Series ID 1173, Batch Files (papers and correspondence relating to public buildings), 1908–1998
- Series ID 16433, Specifications for Queensland Government Buildings, 1861–1974.
For more information about these archival public records, consult the QSA online catalogue, ArchivesSearch (this link opens the Retrieve by ID option—type in the Series ID to retrieve the catalogue description and list of items) or contact QSA:
PO Box 1397
SUNNYBANK HILLS QLD 4109
Phone: (07) 3131 7777
If you have any queries or complaints about the department’s publication scheme, or wish to receive a copy of the documents in a format other than PDF, please contact:
Library and Information Services
Department of Housing and Public Works
GPO Box 2457
BRISBANE QLD 4001
Phone: (07) 3224 5219 (during business hours 9am–5pm Monday–Friday)