The Department of Housing and Public Works delivers a range of housing, building and procurement services.
We work to ensure that our most in need Queenslanders have access to housing and homelessness assistance. This assistance is provided through government-owned and managed social housing, and grant funding to registered providers. We also help thousands of low income earners to enter and remain in the private rental market.
Another key focus for the department is to provide policy, advice and delivery of services to government agencies in the areas of construction, asset and facilities management, procurement and fleet management.
The department consists of six major areas: Housing Services, Building and Asset Services, Strategic Asset Management, Building Industry and Policy, Procurement Transformation and Corporate Services.
To be a trusted partner of our customers and stakeholders by providing smart and simple solutions that deliver real value and positive outcomes.
Our people are engaged in what they do and are committed to:
- putting customers first: we will focus on our customers at all levels by understanding them and delivering what matters
- transforming ideas into action: we will be responsive and innovative in delivering solutions by encouraging and embracing new ideas, and working across boundaries
- unleashing potential: we will excel by being clear about our vision and continue to challenge ourselves
- being courageous: we will take calculated risks to achieve better outcomes
- being accountable: we will act with transparency and be open about our performance; own our actions, success and mistakes
- empowering people: we will empower our people to lead by example within an integrated department
- ensuring a safe work environment: we will ensure the safety of our workers, customers, contractors, other stakeholders and the public.
Our professional standards and practice
We are committed to high standards of professional conduct, and honest and ethical business practices. We also have a zero tolerance approach towards fraud and corruption and expect an ethical standard of conduct from the people and entities we interact with.