Buy Queensland Supplier Awards
We recognise the valuable contribution of suppliers in a variety of ways, including the Buy Queensland Supplier Awards. These awards recognise businesses that supply to the Queensland Government and are contributing to a stronger and better Queensland.
On 5 October 2022, the winners of Buy Queensland Supplier Awards were announced at a ceremony in Brisbane. A total of eight awards were presented across four categories:
- Putting Queenslanders First – awarded to a business that has achieved outstanding local benefits by creating quality jobs for Queenslanders and supporting the local community when supplying directly to the Queensland Government
- Diversity in Supply Chains – awarded to a business, that has through their organisation’s supply chains and other sourcing activities, demonstrated support for social outcomes and enhanced the lives of Queenslanders by supporting small and medium sized business, social enterprises, Aboriginal businesses and/or Torres Strait Islander businesses, disability enterprises, or actions to target and end domestic and family violence.
- Delivering for Queensland – awarded to a business that has delivered outstanding outcomes for the community through innovation, disaster response and/or environmental initiatives.
- The Minister’s Buy Queensland Award - awarded recognising the outstanding contributions of a nominee who is making an impact on the local and/or regional community.
Learn more about our 2022 award winners by visiting our Buy Queensland shout-outs.
Winners at the 2022 Buy Queensland Supplier Awards
2022 Award winners
Putting Queenslanders First Award
- Physiotherapy Innovations
- Baidam Solutions
Diversity through Supply Chains Award
- Iscariot Media
- Marrawah Law
Delivering for Queensland Award
- Total Uniform Solutions
Minister’s Buy Queensland Award
- Physiotherapy Innovations
- Marrawah Law
2022 Awards ceremony video
And these awards are all about you, the individuals and the organisations that help grow strong local economy by supplying goods and services to the Queensland government. Whether you're based in the city, perhaps in the regions, whether you're big or small, we're here this afternoon to acknowledge your contribution to the positive economic, social and environmental outcomes for Queensland.
I particularly want to acknowledge the most important people who are here today, which is the people who supply the Queensland government with fantastic products and services, and who also do great things for the community in which they live. And, this award is very much a celebration about you.
So, we're very proud and very happy to have won both awards. It was definitely a big shock and it makes us feel very special, that all of our hard work is recognised, basically.
It's really actually hard to describe how much this means to me and the whole team at Floodmapp to be recognised like this. And yeah, just really, really proud, and really honoured to receive the award.
I'm extremely proud tonight to be representing Iscariot, representing the team, and yeah, just really proud of the work we do.
The Queensland government spends somewhere in the order of $20 billion each year on goods and services. Buy Queensland is about making sure that money is spent with Queensland businesses as much as is possible.
I think Buy Queensland means for government, that the enormous investment that we are entrusted with by Queensland taxpayers, can be not only employed to make sure we've got the goods and services we need, but we can use that investment to drive some real benefits beyond that. Economic benefits, social benefits, environmental benefits.
Three years ago we were four permanent employees. We are now 17.
So, being a supplier to the local government has helped us immensely. So, within our local community, we're able to offer more jobs.
It's allowed us to also expand into the US.
Last year we were a team of 10 people. This year today, we're a team of 33 people.
We've basically, doubled in size, which is fantastic. But, it's not just that. It's the impact we've generated. It means we've been able to employ more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff. We've been able to train more junior lawyers as well, particularly in the regions, that you know, is often hard to do. And that, in turn, creates impact in the communities in which we're living.
To anyone thinking about applying, just do it.
I encourage you to get involved, jump on the website, or find out what award you're eligible for, and go for it.
Yeah, companies should be really proud of the work that they're doing and this is just such a great platform to highlight that and and tell the story about all of this innovation and great work that's happening. So, I think put in that submission.
It's been such a fantastic event. There is such a great energy in the room.
The thing that I like best about these awards is the way that they showcase really wonderful Queensland businesses. And, this is a great opportunity for us to say thank you to some of the best of the best across the state.
I'm very supportive of local businesses. I see the benefit on the ground in making impacts in communities, in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres State Islander people. So, it's so fantastic that the Queensland government have this policy cause it's not just about government doing this, it's about all of us having a hand in creating social change across the country. And, this is the easiest way to do it by, you know buying from businesses that generate social impact.
You can read more about our 2022 award winners by visiting our Buy Queensland Shoutouts.
- Buy Queensland Supplier Awards
- Buy Queensland roadshow and events
- Government procurement news and information
- Buy Queensland events.
- Last updated:
- 8 November 2022