Multicultural Action Plan Annual Report
The Queensland Multicultural Policy: Our Story, Our Future focuses Queensland Government action on 3 policy priorities for culturally diverse communities and Queensland as a whole:
- Achieve culturally responsive government
- Support inclusive, harmonious and united communities
- Improve economic opportunities.
The policy builds on outcomes achieved under the first and second Multicultural Action Plans. The third Queensland Multicultural Action Plan 2022-2024 will continue to drive Queensland Government action to support an environment of opportunity and achieve improved social and economic outcomes for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
These are the department’s key focus areas:
- Improved knowledge about our customers’ diversity
- Access to culturally capable services and programs
- A productive, culturally capable and diverse workforce
- Recognition and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and culture
- Celebrate our multicultural identity
- Support connected and resilient communities.
Each year, we are required to report on progress. Our Multicultural Action Plan Annual Report 2021–22 (PDF, 348.08 KB) provides detailed outcomes for the 2021–22 financial year within our areas of responsibility.
- Last updated:
- 11 July 2023